Why Glad’s House?
This is one of the questions we get asked the most! Glad’s House is named after Vicky’s grandmother, Gladys. Gladys and Vicky were incredibly close. Gladys had numerous good qualities, but three traits stood out to everyone that knew her:
- Her front door was always open.
- Whenever and at whatever time, when you arrived at Glad’s she always produced a meal (sometimes seemingly “from no-where”) and a bed for the night was always on offer.
- She always had time for any child and whenever she walked down the street children quickly surrounded her.
These characteristics are indicative of the values of Glad’s House.
- Our door will always be open to any child and young person who comes to us.
- We will always offer food and shelter to the children and young people who visit us.
- We will make Glad’s House a happy and welcoming place, where children want to be – where they can truly and safely be children
Why “Glad’s” House? …………………. it just had to be.